Fruit and Ricotta Toast Two Ways
Chef Patricio Duffoo
Whether you are craving toast for breakfast, brunch, as a snack or dessert, take it to the next level with this easy to make recipe. This is also a really versatile recipe to make at home, if you can’t find ricotta, try it with cottage cheese or goat cheese. If you can’t find pluots, try peaches or nectarines, figs or strawberries. Think seasonal and always check what is available at your local farmers market or supermarket.
This recipe works for around the clock, whether you’re craving it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert. Fruit and ricotta toast is an easy to make, versatile dish that can be personalized to the current season. Always check what is available at your local farmers market or supermarket to know what’s going to be the freshest possible fruit options.
If you can’t find ricotta, try it with cottage cheese or goat cheese. If you can’t find pluots, try peaches or nectarines, figs or strawberries. See what we mean about versatile?
- 1.5 cups ricotta
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Sourdough bread, sliced and toasted
- Fruit of choice, sliced to desired size (I used pluots and grapes)
- Olive oil and salt to taste
- Garnish with mint and thyme
- Finishing Spice Mix
1 tsp Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt
1 tsp Maras Chile Flakes
1 tsp Wild Cured Sumac
- Saffron Honey
- .25 cup honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch of saffron
- Add the pinch of saffron to the tbsp of lemon and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat the ¼ cup of honey until warm and liquified, you can microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Mix honey with the saffron honey mixture and let sit for an hour or better yet the day before if time allows.
- Mix ricotta and lemon zest and let sit out to soften while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Mix all of the spices together for the Finishing spice mix.
- Add the sliced fruit to separate bowls and dress with a touch of olive oil and salt.
- Assemble the first toast- spread ricotta on the toast and then top with pluot and garnish with a sprinkle of the Finishing spice and sliced mint leaves.
- Assemble the second toast- spread ricotta on the toast and then top with grapes and garnish with a drizzle of saffron honey and a few thyme leaves.