Summer Shrimp Stir Fry
I am all about the simple recipes right now because it is way too hot to make anything complicated. And with simple recipes, that means every ingredient counts! That’s why I am so stoked I found@spicetribe . They’re literally my favorite spice brand right now. In the last post I did about them, I sampled some of their single origin spices, and I have to say they’re some of my favorite spices right now. I especially loved their Padang Cassia Cinnamon, but this post isn’t about that lol. Recently, I was introduced to their spice blends which they make themselves! I have been using their Kissed by Binchotan spice blend for a few weeks and I love it! This is their version of shichimi togarashi which is a common Japanese spice mixture containing 7 ingredients. I’ve used it sort of like a hot sauce, sprinkling it on various dishes and even just rice. It is so versatile. I also added it to my yummy summer shrimp stir fry (recipe below). Highly recommend this spice blend and Spice Tribe in general!
- .75 pound shrimp
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic (smashed)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
Spice Tribe Kissed by Binchotan to taste
- Season the shrimp, bell peppers, and onion with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil over high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp bell peppers, and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce and mix. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle Spice Tribe’s Kissed by Binchotan spice blend on top for that extra kick!
- Serve and enjoy!