Serving Size: 4-6Ingredients 2 lb Chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) 2 tbps Porcini Paradiso Italian Blend 1 tsp Pink Peruvian Salt or 2 tsp of kosher salt or to taste...
Porcini Paradiso Italian Blend
Mushroom Herb Blend
Porcini Paradiso an aromatic blend of warming winter flavors, containing the finest dried porcini, warming garlic, herbs and a hint of Calabrian chile. Add a richness to hearty soups, stews, beans, roasted and braised meats throughout the cold winter months, or for a delicious anytime meal, simply sauté with butter and toss with some fresh pasta and a sprinkling of parmesan. Buon appetito! Try this recipe!
FREE USA Shipping on orders over $45
Single Glass Jar Net Weight: 2.2oz
Three Glass Jars Net Weight: 6.6oz
Bulk Bag Net Weight: 16oz
No Additives, GMOs, Or Fillers, No MSG, No Salt
Inspired by Rome, Italy
According to Italian lore, porcini season is “three weeks after the first rain” or “when the grass is three inches high.” Alas, rare is the sight of fresh porcini in the lush and dewy wild, so I’ve created Porcini Paradiso, which attempts to capture the fleeting fungi season. While the miracle of a fresh porcini mushroom requires nothing more than olive oil, salt and the momentary kiss of a hot pan to coax its subtle notes of earth and forest, Porcini Paradiso forgoes the tender idyll for astonishingly robust flavor: The intense umami of the dried porcini powder from Italy is elevated by a piquant chorus of garlic, rosemary, mustard and Calabrian chile. Dusting it liberally, prime rib and other Sunday roasts have met their match, while sautéed vegetables bask in a rich savoriness didn’t know they were missing.
Tips for Success
- Clumping is normal as we don’t use anti caking agents or salt. If clumping occurs simply break apart with your hands before seasoning.
- Try not to pour spices out of the jar over a steaming pot or pan as the steam can get in the jar and cause further clumping.
- For maximum flavor make sure to use with salt.
- Ground spices can burn quickly so make sure to use oil to help distribute the heat more evenly when making a rub.
How do you use this blend?
Here are just a few ideas! Perfect for your favorite Italian recipes like polenta, risotto, pasta, prime rib, white bean stew, sautéed vegetables and mushrooms.
Where does the name come from?
This blend was inspired by Italian ancestors and my love for the seasonal nature of Italian cuisine. There is such beauty in being able to know exactly where you are and what time of the year it is by a single dish in Italy. We were lucky enough to spend some time around Rome during October which is porcini season. It is a short season but it is truly paradise. After the season the porcini are dried and used during the winter months to make stocks, risottos or used in white bean stews which are some of my favorite comfort foods.
What’s in it?
This blend is salt free and made of non gmo spices. No additives or fillers. Ingredients: Garlic, Porcini, Rosemary, Mustard, Thyme, Basil, Calabrian chile.
Serving Size: 4 Ingredients 1 lb Fusilli Tricolore Pasta 2 cups Basil Pesto 1 lb Feta Cheese, cut into cubes 8 oz Kalamata Olives, drained and cut in half lengthwise...Chef Patricio Duffoo
Cacio e Pepe popcorn has been one of the favorite snacks in our household for years but the addition of the Porcini Paradiso really takes the flavor to another level...Chef Trent Blodgett
The prettiest pink and most marvelously magenta no-knead beet-a-licious focaccia! The beets add a sweet earthiness and it’s brined-before-baked making for a perfectly chewy-on-the-inside and crispy-on-the-outside focaccia that’s full of...Chef Daniela Gerson
You may also like
- SASusan A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productCooking Skills AdvancedFavorite things about the spice? Great Flavor, Tastes FreshWhich cuisines did you use your spice in mostly? MediterraneanRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoGreat stuff!!
Made their recipe for Chicken and Mushroom Phyllo pie, and it was fantastic! Now going to try other variations on that same theme. The spice adds deep mushroom flavor.Was this helpful?
- ABAline B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productCooking Skills IntermediateFavorite things about the spice? Great Flavor, Versatile, Tastes Fresh, Great ValueWhich cuisines did you use your spice in mostly? EuropeanRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoPorcini Parasiso for real!
Love this blend!!! I add it to everything I make, except dessert! I would definitely recommend this product!Was this helpful?
- JJJoLemelle J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productCooking Skills IntermediateFavorite things about the spice? Great Value, Versatile, Tastes FreshWhich cuisines did you use your spice in mostly? North American, African, Caribbean, Asian, EuropeanRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoVery favorable.
Loved the packagingWas this helpful?
- ARAnne R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productCooking Skills IntermediateFavorite things about the spice? Versatile, Great FlavorWhich cuisines did you use your spice in mostly? MediterraneanRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoLove it!
It's a wonderful addition to my spice rack! I have gifted jars of Porcini Paradiso to friends and family. My daughter has requested another jar.Was this helpful?
- VNVickie N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productCooking Skills IntermediateFavorite things about the spice? VersatileWhich cuisines did you use your spice in mostly? North AmericanRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoPorcini Paradiso Italian Blend
Loved it. I used it to make a new pasta and chicken dinner. Everyone love it.Was this helpful?
FREE Shipping on orders $45+
No more products available for purchase
✅ You got a Free Wild Cured Sumac! Spend $45 for FREE shipping
Shipping $60 FREE
Spice Spoon $75 FREE
Your cart is currently empty.