Beans and Broccolini with Marcona Almonds and Parmesan
Chef Trent Blodgett
I love beans of all kinds and I usually make a big batch from dry beans and dress them up in different ways before they begin to break down and I make refried beans or bean purée. This is a delicious vegetarian meal that can come together very quickly especially if you want to just use a can of beans. Try it with many different types of roasted or sautéed vegetables spiced however you like. Simply top your beans with crispy veggies and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle with almonds, Parmesan and herbs and you have yourself a meal in under 1o minutes.
- 2 cups of cooked beans of your choice, or canned beans
- 1 bunch of broccolini, about 8oz
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp California Love
- Sliced scallion to garnish
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- 1 lemon, juice and zested to garnish
- .3 cup marcona almonds, crushed to garnish
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Parmesan to garnish
- Oil or ghee to coat the pan
- Salt to taste
- Heat a sauté pan over medium/ high heat and add oil when the pan is hot
- When the oil is shimmering hot, add broccolini and cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes to get crispy on one side
- Toss the broccolini and add the garlic
- Cook another 2-3 minutes before adding California Love, lemon juice and salt to taste
- Add the warmed beans to a platter or bowl and top with the sautéed broccolini and garnish with herbs, crushed marcona almonds, lemon zest and shave Parmesan
- Drizzle with a good quality olive oil and enjoy
- This recipe is more of a guide to inspire the possibilities you can achieve with a pot of beans. Top with veggies, nuts and cheese to get all of the textures and flavors we crave while still being incredibly healthy.
- The lemon juice adds the acidity to bring it all together and brighten the dish.