Fresh English Pea Salad with Farro, Pecorino, Mushroom & Mint
Gone are the days of making a salad only to be left disappointed and still hungry. This Fresh English Pea Salad with Farro, Pecorino, Mushroom & Mint has all of the fixings to create a symphony of flavor in your mouth while leaving you satiated and with leftovers for later.
Using our Porcini Paradiso Italian spice blend, Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt, and Late Harvest Black Peppercorns, we let the tastes of the vegetables shine through for a fresh and light summer salad. Enjoy with a garnish of pickled red onions, fresh mint, and Pecorino cheese for shaving.
- 2 cups English peas, shelled and cooked (approx. 1½ to 2lbs unshelled peas)
- 1.5 cup Farro, cooked
- 6 cups Pea Shoots
- 2 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- .5 cup Mint leaves
- 4 oz Pecorino cheese, for shaving
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
- .5 tsp Spice Tribe Porcini Paradiso Italian blend
- Spice Tribe Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt
- Spice Tribe Late Harvest Black Peppercorns
- Pickled red onion garnish
- In a medium size saucepan bring 5 cups of water plus 2 tbsp Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt to boil over high heat.
- Add peas and cook for 1 to 2 minutes depending on size, drain and shocked the peas in icy water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooked peas, farro,mint, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, 1tsp Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian salt, ½ tsp ground Late Harvest Black Peppercorn and ½ tsp Porcini Paradiso blend, toss to combine well.
- Add pea shoots and sliced mushrooms, tossed again.
- With a vegetable peeler shave Pecorino cheese on top and serve immediately.