Roasted Baby Carrots with Spanish Mojo Verde
Chef Patricio Duffoo
Bright and tangy mojo verde from the Canary Islands is traditionally served with potatoes but it does wonders to these roasted carrots seasoned with our spicy and aromatic Mama Manje Haitian Blend.
These roasted baby carrots are brought to life when seasoned with our spicy and aromatic Mama Manje Haitian spice blend and paired with a delicious mojo verde. From the Canary Islands and traditionally served with potatoes, this herby sauce does wonders for these roasted carrots, making them a perfect side dish to any meal.
Finish them off with a sprinkle of Spice Tribe Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Toss the carrots with 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt and Mama Manje blend.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes turning once to cook evenly.
- In a blender, combine the cumin seeds, garlic cloves, cilantro, parsley, red wine vinegar and ½ cup olive oil. Blend it until combined well and emulsified.
- Place the carrots on a serving dish and dress with mojo verde.
- Finish them off with a sprinkle of Spice Tribe Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt.
- You can leave the greens on the carrot while they roast, remove them and save for the garnish or even add them to the mojo verde!
- Keep an eye on the carrots as the roasting time will depend on the size.
- Try splitting some carrots in half lengthwise if some are much thicker than others so they cook more evenly.
- Scrub the carrots clean but we don’t bother to peel baby carrots.