Shrimp and Summer Squash Fried Rice
- 5 cups brown rice, cooked day before preferably or leftover
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 12 oz 16/20 Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 medium-sized Zucchini, cut into slices and roasted seasoned with Kissed by Binchotan Japanese Blend
- 2 medium-sized Yellow Squash
- 1 medium-sized Red bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 2 cups Bean Sprouts/Mung bean
- 1 bunch Scallions, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Spice Tribe Kissed By Binchotan Japanese Blend
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry the zucchini and yellow squash. Trim both ends of the zucchini and yellow squash. Cut the zucchini and yellow squash in half lengthwise and then into ½ inch thick slices.
- Toss the zucchini and yellow squash with olive oil, salt, and Spice Tribe Kissed By Binchotan Japanese Blend.
- Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook in the oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk them vigorously until the yolk and whites are well combined.
- Preheat a nonstick pan or skillet over medium heat. Add a little bit of olive oil or butter and pour in the egg mixture. Let it cook for up to a minute undisturbed. With a rubber spatula, fold and stir the eggs every few seconds until the eggs are soft scrambled. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside the scrambled eggs.
- Preheat the skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp sesame oil to the skillet and cook the shrimp on each side for 2 to 3 minutes until they start turning golden and are no longer translucent. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Turn the heat to high and add the garlic, ginger, and 2 tsp Spice Tribe Kissed by Binchotan Japanese Blend to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes. Add the diced bell peppers and brown rice to the skillet and cook for approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice starts to crisp up. Add bean sprouts, scrambled eggs, shrimp, zucchini, yellow squash, and scallions. Drizzle in the Tamari Soy Sauce and stir in all the ingredients to combine well. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds. Enjoy!