Shrimp Skewers with Scallions and Red Bell Peppers
Chef Patricio Duffoo
Who doesn’t like food on a stick?! These refreshing grilled shrimp skewers are a perfect way to celebrate a beautiful afternoon grilling in the backyard. It will take you less than 30 minutes to have it ready! This recipe packs a lot of flavor, you will be surprised!
The contrast of sweet and salty from the shrimp and the tangy sweetness from ourMama Manje Haitian Spice Blend is super delicious and refreshing! Adding that little touch of smokiness from the grill allows our spices to really shine. Serve these skewers over a bed of rice, your favorite salad or just by itself. This is the perfect dish for bbq season and grilling with family and friends!
- 2 lbs Shrimp 16/20, peeled and deveined (“16/20” denotes 16 to 20 shrimp per pound. This method is valid for fresh or frozen in the shell without the head on)
- 2 ea Red bell pepper
- 2 bunches scallions
Spice Tribe Mama Manje Haitian Blend
Spice Tribe Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt
- Olive Oil
- 2 ea Limes, cut in wedges
- Cut the red bell peppers into squares of approximately 1inch each side and the white part of the scallions into 1.5 inches long, slice the green part and reserve aside for garnish.
- In a large bowl combine shrimp, scallion and red bell pepper, pour some olive oil into and season with Mama Manje Haitian Blend and Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water overnight or at least for 30 minutes before assembling the skewers. Start assembling the skewer with one piece of shrimp, one piece of white scallion, one piece of bell pepper and repeat 3 or 4 times..
- Place the skewers on the hot grill and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning once during cooking.
- Serve hot.