Baked Buffalo Cauliflower with Crème Fraîche Ranch
There are 3 parts to this recipe:
First, the cauliflower.
Second, the buffalo sauce.
Third, crème fraîche ranch.
For the Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
What I love about this recipe is that we’re baking it in the oven so it really eliminates the mess. That is something I really aim for in the kitchen! (I clean SO many dishes)!
How does it get crispy in the oven?
I use flour and create a batter where its coated evenly and that helps it get crunchy in the oven. It’s also baked as a 2 step process, with the first batter and then a second coat with the buffalo sauce baked again. Just glorious.
For the Buffalo Sauce
Buffalo sauce is something I can always make on hand. You just need hot sauce, butter and garlic powder. Yes, it’s that simple.You melt it down and voila, its ready!
For the Crème Fraîche Ranch
This is a no fuss, no blend, simple ranch that can be whipped up in no time. I am literally in love with this ranch!
Simple ingredients, too:
First, I used creme fraiche and mayo to create that creamy consistency – I personally love using creme fraiche in this recipe because it tastes really unique, really makes this ranch creamy and gives the perfect tartness.
Second, fresh garlic cloves shaved on a microplane.
Thirdly, it’s cut with fresh dill and chives for that original ranch taste and feel.
And last, it’s then lightened up with lemon zest and juice.
Once all these 3 parts are combined together – it’s like a perfect party in your mouth. Crunchy + spicy baked buffalo cauliflower, dipped with creme fraiche ranch and a side of celery + carrots. I am obsessed.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- .5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
1 teaspoon Spice Tribe Smoked Paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with carrots and celery wedges
- 1 cup hot sauce
- .25 cup butter
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Crème Fraîche Ranch
- .25 cup Crème Fraîche
- .25 cup mayo
- 1 garlic clove, shaved on a microplane
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- .5 of a lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Buffalo Cauliflower
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and cut your cauliflower in florets.
- In a bowl, mix hot sauce, flour water, paprika, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Mix to form a batter. Add in your cauliflower florets and mix well until it’s all coated.
- Place your battered cauliflower on a baking sheet with parchment – spread evenly. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While your cauliflower is in the oven for 30 minutes, make your ranch; chop and mix all your ranch ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside in the fridge.
- Then in a small pot, melt butter, hot sauce and garlic powder to create your buffalo sauce. Set aside until ready to use.
- After 30 minutes of your cauliflower in the oven, remove and add 3 tablespoons of your buffalo sauce you just made and mix with your cauliflower, add more so it’s coating all the cauliflower and mixed throughout. Bake for another 30 minutes in the oven until the cauliflower is cooked through, soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
- Once removed (about 1 hour in oven), toss with the rest of your buffalo sauce, add more or less on your desired sauce amount. Serve with celery, carrots and your ranch.