Mediterranean Style Grilled Veggie Platter
Chef Patricio Duffoo
I LOVE grilled veggies! I love them because they’re easy to eat in so many different ways and dishes. It’s easy to adapt the recipes based on taste, seasonality and availability. This delicious and colorful plate of grilled vegetables brightens any table and offers something for everyone. It’s the perfect dish for entertaining this Summer! Grilling veggies brings out their natural sweetness, adds a lush smoky charred flavor and offers different textures all in one bite. Grilling is an art that we should all master!
- 2 ea zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 ea yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 2 ea fennel bulb, sliced lengthwise
- 2 ea eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- 2 ea red bell pepper, seeded and cut
- 2 ea yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut
- 2 ea white onion, cut into 1inch thick wheels
- 2 ea yellow corn, cut into 2inch thick wheels
- Spice Tribe Ancient Halaby Middle Eastern Chile Blend
Spice Tribe Marrakesh Sitar Moroccan Blend
Spice Tribe Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt
Spice Tribe Late Harvest Black Peppercorn
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your grill while cutting/prepping the vegetables.
- Arrange the vegetables on a flat surface, drizzle enough olive oil to coat all the vegetables and season deliberately with salt and Spice Blends, toss the vegetables to make sure everything gets seasoned evenly.
- Once your grill is ready, place the vegetables on the hot grill in batches without overcrowding the grill for an easy and evenly chard on your vegetables without burning them. Grill the veggies until tender and lightly charr, the time depends on what vegetable you are cooking and what degree of doneness you do prefer.
- Serve and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle a little salt and chopped parsley. Also you can serve this vegetable platter with hummus, babaganoush, tzatziki, salsa verde or any dipping of your preference.