Lobster Mac & Cheese
Serving Size: 6
- 1 lb Medium Shells Pasta (Conchiglie)
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup (4oz) Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cups Half & Half
- 4 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 1.5 lbs Cooked Lobster Meat
- 1 bunch Parsley, chopped
- ½ tbsp Spice Tribe California Coast Sea Salt Flakes
- ¼ tsp Spice Tribe California Dried Garlic
- ½ tsp Spice Tribe Late Harvest Black Peppercorns, ground
- ¼ tsp Spice Tribe Pimenton de La Vera - Smoked Pimenton
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a baking dish and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions, drain well and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Combine shredded cheeses, reserving ⅔ for the sauce and ⅓ for the topping.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the milk and half & half, but don't boil it.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt the butter, add the AP Flour and whisk to combine well. Cook the “roux” for 1 to 2 minutes, whisking constantly. The mixture will look like wet sand.
- Slowly pour in the hot milk and half & half mixture into the roux while whisking constantly until combined and smooth. Cook for another 2 minutes until thickened, it should coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and add ½ tbsp Salt, ½ tsp black pepper freshly ground, ¼ tsp Pimenton de La Vera, ¼ tsp Dried Garlic and ⅔ of the cheese mixture, stir to combine well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sauce, cooked pasta and cooked lobster meat.
- Pour pasta into a prepared baking dish and top it with remaining cheese and chopped parsley.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly golden brown.