Miso Shiitake Mushrooms
Serving Size: 2-4
Miso Compound Butter
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 Tbsp Shiro (white) miso
- 1 tsp Tamari
- .5 tsp Mirin (sweet rice wine) or rice vinegar
- 240 grams of shiitake, stems removed and sliced into half inch strips
- .25 cup vegetable oil plus more as needed depending on size of pan
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Scallion, white part only, cut into 1” sticks; keep green tips to use for garnish
- 2 Tbsp Miso Compound Butter
- .25 Cup sake
- 1 tsp Kissed by Binchotan Japanese Chile Blend
- In small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Set aside for immediate use, or place in sealed container in refrigerator — will keep for several weeks
- Heat pan to medium high and then add oil.
- Add mushrooms, taking care not to overcrowd.
- Stir occasionally and reduce heat if necessary so mushrooms don’t over brown and dry out.
- Stir in garlic and white part of scallion.
- Continue to cook for 2–3 min until scallions are slightly browned.
- Add sake and reduce for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and stir in miso butter.
- Sprinkle with Japanese Chile Blend and sliced scallion tops. Spice Tribe Collected stories, recipes and more from the Spice Tribe team Follow