Mombacho Café Hanger Steak Video
Chef Trent Blodgett
- Heat cast iron on high heat.
- Add hanger steak and sear one side.
- Add butter and lower the heat to low, basting frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add Mombacho Café and continue to baste for 1 minute. Hanger steak is best cooked rare/ medium rare.
- Raise heat to medium high and add corn, cook 1 minute.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute before adding tomato.
- Cook 1–2 minutes to warm tomatos and not cook through.
- Add lime juice.
- Make your quick salsa verde by mixing cilantro, garlic, oil, lime and a pinch of salt.
- Slice steak against the grain and plate it up.