Mombacho Café Pork Chops with Orange Jalapeño Salsa
Chef Trent Blodgett
- Pork chops
- Salt for dry brine
- Oil to coat pan
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp agave or honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Mombacho Café Nicaraguan Blend
- 1 orange, segmented
- 2 jalapeños, seeded, deveined and diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
ORANGE JALAPENO SALSA
- Dry- brine pork chops, season them the day before generously with salt (minimum 35 minutes).
- Heat cast iron over high heat for 2 minutes before adding oil.
- Mix ingredients for compound butter.
- Add pork chops and cook 1–2 minutes per side until nicely browned.
- Lower heat to medium- low and add compound butter.
- Baste and flip every 30 seconds for about 8 more minutes or until desired doneness.
- Let the pork chops rest while you mix ingredients for the salsa.
- Serve with Orange Jalapeno Salsa