Saffron & Almond Milk (Badam Milk, India)
Badam milk is a popular Indian drink where almonds are blended with milk and flavored with saffron and cardamom. It's a very delicious drink, but at the same time, it's also very rich in texture and calories.
Almond milk is a good source of vitamin E, which is important for your immune system and blood vessels. Some studies have shown a link between high vitamin E intake and a lower risk of cognitive diseases like Alzheimer’s disease.
Although almonds are 50% fat and high in calories, commercial almond milk is a low calorie beverage. This means that you can drink a lot of it without causing weight gain. It is also rich in some nutrients relative to its calorie content.
- It's high in vitamin D, which might reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It boosts immunity, strengthens bones, enhances eyesight, and aids in general body development.
- It is high in calcium and protein.
- Drinking it before bedtime relieves insomnia and ensures a restful night's sleep.
- 4 cups Almond milk (or any type of milk)
- 2 pinches Spice Tribe Super Negin Saffron
- 6 ea. Spice Tribe Kandyan Green Cardamom toasted and smashed (½ tsp Cardamom powder)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Saffron threads
- In a heavy bottom pan, add milk, saffron, cardamom, and honey and bring it to a boil.
- Just before it boils, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately, or chill it in the refrigerator and serve it cold. If serving immediately, pass it through a fine mesh strainer, if serving cold, wait until it has cooled off to pass it through a fine mesh strainer.
- Garnish with saffron and/or pistachios.