Salmon Meatballs with Sesame Soy Dipping Sauce
Chef Trent Blodgett
These are incredibly tasty little meatballs that can be eaten as snack or over rice or veggies for a main course. I love to buy whole salmon because it will be much fresher and cost effective. All of the meat that is still on the bones after you fillet the fish can be scraped off and used for tartare or meatballs. I always recommend buying fish that you wouldn’t mind eating raw because the flavor and texture is much better cooked medium rare.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the meatballs together.
- Using a meat baller or scooper make your meatballs about 1.5” in diameter.
- When you have made all of the meatballs I put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes to help hold their shape and keep them from overcooking in the center.
- Heat non stick pan over medium high heat.
- Add enough ghee coat the bottom of the pan.
- Sear the meatballs in batches about 1–2 minutes per side or until nicely golden brown. I like them medium rare in the middle but feel free to look longer if desired.
- Mix the ingredients in the sauce together and serve with the hot meatballs.
- Garnish with more Kissed by Binchotan and scallions.