Teriyaki Stir Fry
Try this quick and easy stir fry with homemade teriyaki sauce and our spicy Kissed by Binchotan Japanese Chile Blend for a Japanese take on your classic stir fry.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 lb of shrimp(16–20 work great) or of beef ( cut into cubes)
- 1 bell pepper, large dice
- 1 red onion, large dice
- 3 scallions, 1-inch sticks
- handful of cashews or peanuts
- 1— 2 tsp of Kissed by Binchotan Japanese Chile Blend depending on how spicy you like
- High temp cooking oil. Such as safflower or ghee.
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Heat a wok over high heat, when the wok is smoking add oil to coat the bottom.
- If cooking shrimp, add your vegetables first; if cooking beef add the beef first.
- Cook on high heat about 2 minutes to caramelize your ingredients moving frequently to prevent burning.
- If you are cooking on a stove at home, remove the meat or vegetables to a plate. If using a high powered burner or charcoal you may add the rest of the protein or vegetables.
- Continue to cook 1–2 minutes before adding the ingredients you removed back to the pan along with the teriyaki sauce and nuts.
- Cook about 1-2 more minutes or until thickened and everything is nicely glazed.
- Serve over rice and garnish with more sliced scallions if desired