Bacon - Easiest way to make your own!
Chef Matt Broussard
In this video, I show how to make bacon from scratch, at home and smoked in the oven! Happy Bacon Lovers day.
Please share your creations and tag me so I can share ! -Matt
- Mix together all ingredients for the rub and apply generously to all sides of the pork belly.
- Place pork belly into large ziplock bag with the bay leaf, Spice Tribe Peppercorn and Spice Tribe Coriander Seed.
- Remove excess air from ziplock and seal tightly.
- Place ziplock into foodsafe container and put into fridge for a week.
- Remove from ziplock and pat it dry.
- Place on roasting Rack and bake at 350°F until internal temp reaches 150°F (about 45 min – 1 hour).
- Remove from oven and let cool; slice to desired thickness and saute it up just like you would regular bacon! Try this crab BLT!
Curing salt contains Sodium Nitrate and is a common preserving ingredient added to curing mixtures for meats that are not cooked. As many people are avoiding nitrates, please feel free to omit this ingredient, as your pork belly will be fully cooked.