Baked Chicken with Broccoli and Mushrooms
Chef Trent Blodgett
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- olive oil
- California Love All Purpose Chile Blend
- .5 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 12-15 crimini mushrooms, stems trimmed, cut in half
- .5 cup neutral oil
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Mombacho Café Nicaraguan Blend
- half bunch of cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1–2 limes, to taste
- salt to taste
FOR THE GARLIC MOJO SAUCE
- Heat oven to 425F
- Oil sheet tray, season chicken with oil, salt, and California Love.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms on the sides to fill up space without overcrowding and piling them up. Drizzle olive oil on the veggies.
- Bake chicken and veggies for 20–25 minutes.
Meanwhile make the Garlic Mojo Sauce
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot add the chopped garlic and turn off the heat, stirring to make sure garlic browns evenly. Turn the heat back on if it stops sizzling before the garlic is golden but make sure to turn off the heat before adding spices. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add Mombacho Café, cilantro and lime juice.
- Season with salt and more lime juice if needed.
- Set the sauce to the side.
- Serve chicken and veggies over brown rice and arugula.
- Finish with garlic mojo sauce. Enjoy!
A meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken thigh will assure you it is done when it reaches 165F (chicken thighs are quite forgiving if the thinner parts reach a higher temperature!)