Baked Crispy Chicken Thighs with Peas and Potatoes
Serving Size: 4
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 4 mini sweet peppers (red, yellow or orange), seeded and sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp Marrakesh Sitar Moroccan Blend
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 2 leeks, sliced into 1\" rounds
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lb baby fingerling potatoes
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Garnish with mint leaves
- Preheat oven 425F.
- Dry chicken thighs with paper towels and brush with oil and season with salt. Add chicken thighs skin side down to cold cast iron and turn up the heat to medium-high.
- Remove chicken from pan when they are golden brown, about 7–8 minutes. Do not flip; keep the meat side raw.
- Add onions and peppers and cook in the chicken fat until softened about 5 minutes.
- Add Marrakesh Sitar spice blend, garlic cloves, and leeks.
- Sauté for 3 or so minutes until softened and fragrant and add the white wine.
- Reduce wine by half and add potatoes and chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and add chicken thighs back to pan skin side up.
- Bake uncovered, 15–20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and remove the chicken thighs from the pan.
- Simmer the liquid for 5 more minutes.
- Add peas and stir.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add chicken back to the pan and garnish with mint leaves.