Cacio E Pepe Popcorn with Porcini Paradiso
Chef Trent Blodgett
Cacio e Pepe popcorn has been one of the favorite snacks in our household for years but the addition of the Porcini Paradiso really takes the flavor to another level and adds hints of umami, garlic and rosemary to really make this popcorn stand out.
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- ½ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1 tsp. freshly ground Spice Tribe Late Harvest Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp. Spice Tribe Porcini Paradiso
Finely ground Spice Tribe Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt
- Put ¼ cup of popcorn kernels in a small paper bag and fold the bag closed a few times.
- Place the bag in the microwave with the folded side down and cook 2-3 minutes or until the popping slows.
- Take the bag out of the microwave and remove the popcorn. You can add any kernels back in the microwave for another 30 seconds or so.
- Melt 2 tbsp. of ghee and pour the into a mixing bowl followed by the popcorn.
- Season the popcorn with finely ground salt to taste and spices.