Caramelized Onion Goat Cheese Dip
- 1 Yellow or Sweet Onion, Sliced
- 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter
- 8 oz Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Spice Tribe Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt, to taste
- Add onions to a pan with warm butter. Add a pinch of salt to release some moisture from the onions
- Cook on medium- low heat, stirring frequently, until they are golden brown and soft. 20-30 minutes.
- Remove onions and strain the butter.
- Mix the goat cheese, sour cream, and caramelized onions in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- You can eat this dip warm or cold. If you want to eat it warm, you can simply heat in the microwave or bake for 3-5 minutes at 400 degrees. Don’t overheat because the cheese and oil will separate. If it separates, you can whisk it quickly to emulsify it back together.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle Urfa Biber Chile flakes on top to garnish.