Coconut Fish Curry
Fish Curry Blend:
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1ea Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 (12oz) Canned Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Fish Stock or Water
- 2 lbs Halibut Fillets
- Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt, freshly ground to taste
- Cilantro Leaves
- Lime Slices or Wedges
- To make the spice blend, toast the peppercorns, mustard seeds, cardamom pods and cloves for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Once spices cool, grind until fine and mix with the other ground spices.
- Heat ghee in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until slightly caramelized, about 5-7 minutes. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the spices and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant, being mindful not to burn the spices.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the broth and cook for another 10 minutes or so until slightly thickened.
- Season the sauce to taste and season the halibut filets.
- Nestle the halibut filets in the sauce and baste the sauce on the fish.
- Turn the heat to low and cover with a lid to gently poach for 7-10 minutes. Careful not to overcook the fish. The heat will continue to cook the fish even after the stove has turned off.
- Plate the fish in a bowl and finish with more sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro, a charred lime and serve with rice.
- Serve with rice, and garnish with cilantro and charred lime.