Coconut Roast Chicken Legs
Chef Trent Blodgett
This recipe is little effort and incredibly delicious. You can also dredge the chicken in flour and deep fry it instead of roast for a Thai inspired fried chicken! The fish sauce honey is not needed for this recipe to be delicious but I highly recommend it.
- 4-6 chicken legs, drumstick and thighs separated
- 4 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cans coconut milk (the thick creamy kind!)
1–2 Tbsp Long-tail Sunset Thai Blend
- .25 cup honey
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp Long-tail Sunset
- Lime and cilantro for garnish
Fish Sauce Honey (optional)
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and season generously with salt. Brine/ marinate chicken overnight or 2 hours minimum.
- Bake at 350f for about 1 hour or until tender and caramelized. Broil for a couple minutes at the end to char if desired.
- While the chicken is cooking mix together all of the ingredients for fish sauce honey in a sauce pan over gentle heat. Remove from heat when it begins to simmer and thicken, 1–2 minutes.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, toss the with the fish honey or drizzle on top.
- Serve with lime and cilantro.
This recipe can have a couple variables such as brand of coconut milk or oven temperature. If your chicken reaches 165F and it is not yet caramelized, you can broil it for a couple minutes to get some nice color and flavor. Just be careful not to burn them!