Creamy Saffron and Shrimp Pasta
- 2 medium Shallots, finely diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb Fettuccine Pasta
- 1 lb Peeled Shrimp
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 2 cups Cream
- 1/2 cup Pasta Water
- A pinch of Super Negin Saffron
- 1/2 of a Lemon Zest
- Olive Oil
- Add olive oil to a medium hot pan and let the oil heat a couple minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and add to the pan to get a little color but don’t cook through.
- Add shallots to the pan and turn the heat down. Add more olive oil if needed. Sweat gently until translucent.
- Add saffron and then deglaze with white white.
- Turn up the heat and reduce wine to half its volume.
- Add the heavy cream and continue to simmer. Reduce heat and let the saffron flavor and color infuse into the sauce.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan with the pasta and pasta water.
- Continue to cook until the sauce comes together and coats the pasta and is nice and creamy.
- Add half of the diced tomatoes and lemon zest.
- Plate and finish with chives and the rest of the tomatoes.
- Heat a glass of white wine in the microwave until warm and add the saffron to the white wine to bloom for 10 minutes before you start cooking if you have the time.