Easy Black Beans and Zucchini
Chef Trent Blodgett
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 charred Anaheim chiles, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
1 Tbsp Mombacho Café
- 1 Tbsp California Love
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2.12 oz cans of black beans
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Sour cream and toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) to garnishSour cream and toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) to garnish
- Olive oil to coat the pan
- Heat pan to medium-high heat and add olive oil to coat the pan.
- Add onion and sauté until slightly caramelized about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 1–2 more minutes until fragrant.
- Add Anaheim chiles and zucchini and cook 1–2 minutes while stirring.
- Add both of the spice blends and stir to combine.
- Add chicken stock to stock the browning process, bring to a simmer and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add black beans and bring to simmer.
- Season with salt and apple cider vinegar, taste and adjust accordingly
- Remove from heat and add sour cream, pepitas, and more California Love to garnish.