Flat-Iron Steak Tostadas
Flavorful flat-iron steak tostadas with roasted poblano, avocado & serrano crema topped with spicy tomatoes, queso fresco, thinly sliced onion & cilantro. Used @spicetribe California Love all-purpose Chile blend – so fresh, so perfect for #tacotuesday.
- 1 lb flat-iron steak
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp California Love All Purpose Chile Blend
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 medium poblano pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- .5 tsp cumin powder
- .25 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- Neutral oil for frying
- 5 cup sliced cherry tomatoes seasoned with salt, California Love & pepper to taste
- .25 cup finely sliced white onion
- .5 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Optional to serve: fresh cilantro, sliced serrano pepper, lime wedges, cold beer
CREMA (can be made up to one day ahead)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Drizzle poblano + garlic with a little oil and roast for 15-20 minutes
- Peel skin & remove seeds. Combine with other ingredients in a food processor & pulse until smooth.
- Rub flat-iron steak with oil, salt + California Love chile blend.
- Cover and set aside for minimum 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat a griddle pan to high (400F), sear steak on both sides for 5-7 minutes per side until the internal temp is 130F (medium rare). Remove from heat to rest.
- Fry corn tortillas in oil over medium heat until golden right before serving. Drain on a paper towel
- Top with crema, sliced steak and other toppings. Serve!