Long-Tail Sunset Curry Paste
This simple base is fairly quick but packs a punch of flavor for stir-frys, curries or even as a marinade.
Serving Size: 5
- 3 Tbsp fresh garlic chopped fine or crushed
- 3 Tbsp shallot chopped fine or crushed
- 1–2 Tbsp Long-tail Sunset Thai Spice Blend
- 3 Tbsp neutral vegetable oil such as canola, peanut or coconut oil
- Heat oil to medium for 2 minutes.
- Add shallots, garlic, and ginger and turn heat to medium-low — keep a close eye and adjust the heat accordingly; stir frequently.
- Sauté for approximately 15 minutes until color begins to change to a deep caramel. If it is getting too dark, remove from heat before it burns, add a splash of water, turn it down and return to burner.
- Turn heat to low, add Longtail Sunset Spice Blend, sauté for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Use immediately or cool and store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze for future use.
Image Credit : Lindsay - Pinch of Yum