Porcini Parmesan Penne
Serving Size: 4-6
- 4 cups Penne Pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Spring Onion, base and green tops, chopped small
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 lb Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Porcini Paradiso Italian Blend
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup pasta water (reserved from cooking the penne)
- 2-4 Tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly ground Late Harvest Black Peppercorns
- Cook pasta in salted water. Drain well and set aside, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large sauté pan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add spring onions and garlic and sauté until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes, then add the Porcini Paradiso seasoning.
- Sprinkle in a few pinches of salt to taste, and cook another 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- Add heavy cream and pasta water, stir to combine.
- Bring creamy mushroom mixture to a simmer and continue cooking down until it is thick or to your desired consistency.
- Add drained pasta, stirring to combine. You can add a splash more pasta water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Stir in 2-3 Tbsp parmesan cheese and serve immediately with more grated parmesan and a sprinkle of salt and pepper as garnish