Roasted Vegetables with Baba Ganoush
You can never have too many vegetarian dish options in your back pocket. This is a great one to accompany other dishes on the BBQ or to use as a starter while your main dish is cooking. This creamy baba ganoush is hard to resist, even for people who don’t normally like eggplant, making for a healthy, irresistible bite!
- 3 medium eggplants
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into steaks
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1-2 zucchini or summer squash, split in half
- Olive oil
- Ancient Halaby Middle Eastern Chile Blend
- Salt to taste
- Pine nuts, parsley and more olive oil to garnish.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium heat.
- Poke holes with a knife or tooth pick all over eggplant so they do not explode when cooking.
- Grill or broil eggplants turning off for about 45min to an hour. You want them to be charred all over and very soft inside.
- When they are cooked wrap them in tin foil to cool down.
- When they are cool to enough to handle, split them open and spoon out the flesh with a spoon and put them in a strainer to discard excess liquid.
- Add eggplant flesh and, garlic, tahini and lemon juice to a bowl and mix all together with a fork until a rough paste forms.
- Slowly add olive oil while mixture to create a creamy emulsion. You can also use a food processor if you prefer.
- Season with salt and more lemon juice if desired and set aside.
- Season all of your vegetables with olive oil, salt and Ancient Halaby spice blend.
- You can grill or broil these as well on high heat until charred in places and tender in the middle. Timing will depend on vegetable and the size it is cut. I like to go high heat and char nicely and then remove a the residual heat will cook it through.
- Add the baba ganoush to a platter and top with your vegetables and sprinkle with pine nuts, and parsley.
- Finish with a drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil.