Roasted Vegetables with Muhammara Sauce
Serving Size: 2-4
For the Sauce
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, roasted, peeled and deseeded
- 1 Bunch Scallions (5 or 6)
- 2 tsp Ancient Halaby Middle Eastern Chile Blend
- 1 cup Roasted Walnuts
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Pomegranate Molasses or Honey
- .5 cup of Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
For the Roasted Vegetables
- 1 head Broccoli, cut into even medium-sized florets
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into even medium-sized florets
- 4- 6 Sweet Peppers
- 1- 2 Red Onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 head Garlic, peeled and cloves removed
- 1 can Chickpeas
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Toss broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peppers, onion and garlic cloves into a large mixing bowl. Toss with salt and a liberal coat of olive oil.
- Spread onto parchment coated sheet pan or cookie sheet. Don’t overcrowd, use two baking sheets if necessary.
- Roast for 10–15 minutes until vegetables begin to get brown around the edges.
- Add drained chickpeas in the last few minutes of cooking to warm.
While vegetables are cooking, make the sauce
- Blend all sauce ingredients EXCEPT THE OLIVE OIL in a food processor or high powered blender until pureed into a paste.
- Add olive oil in the last few pulses.
- Add salt to taste.
- Spoon Muhammara onto serving platter and scatter vegetables on top.