- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon Super Negin Saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt to taste
- Slivered Almonds
- Golden Raisins
- Chopped Parsley
- Rinse the jasmine rice under cold water until the water runs clear. This helps remove excess starch and ensure fluffy rice.
- In a small bowl, soak the saffron threads in warm water for about 10 minutes. This step helps release the vibrant color and flavor of saffron.
- Heat the oven to 350 °F. In a Dutch oven or oven safe pot with a lid. Add the water, rice, and salt to taste. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot and put it in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven and let it sit, covered, for about 5 minutes to allow it to steam and become fluffy.
- In a small saucepan, melt the ghee or butter over low heat. Add the saffron and water mixture to the melted ghee or butter and stir well to combine.
- Pour the saffron mixture over the cooked jasmine rice and gently fluff it with a fork to evenly distribute the saffron color and flavor.
- Cover the saffron jasmine rice and let it rest for another 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Garnish with slivered almonds, chopped parsley, and golden raisins.
- You can cook the rice however you like and simply add the saffron to your favorite rice recipes.