Slow Roasted Salmon with Lemon Garlic Yogurt Sauce
The salmon is brushed with a marinade containing @spicetribe Ancient Halaby spice blend (Aleppo pepper, Paprika, Sumac, Coriander, Garlic, Lemon peel, Thyme, Cumin
- A side of salmon (1 1/2 — 2lbs)
- 1 tablespoon Ancient Halaby
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon date syrup, honey or maple syrup
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- .5 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic paste
- .5 teaspoon kosher salt
- .5 teaspoon @spicetribe sumac (the freshest!)
- Remaining lemon juice and zest
- Optional: finely chopped herbs like dill, parsley
- To serve: lemon wedges, extra sumac, herb salad and olive oil.
FOR THE YOGURT SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 250F/120C (Yes! That’s low but trust me. Your salmon will not be overcooked and totally instagram worthy
- Place salmon skin side down on a baking sheet.
- Combine spices, garlic, olive oil, date syrup and half the lemon juice and zest in a small bowl.
- Pour over salmon, spread evenly using a silicone brush. Roast fish for 25–30 minutes until internal temperature registers 120F/48C.
- Serve warm. I like to sprinkle it with flake salt to finish.
- Combine yogurt sauce ingredients while fish is roasting, or up to one day ahead. Sprinkle with sumac and drizzle with olive oil before serving.