Smoked Paprika Potato Salad with Watercress
- 2 lbs small potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- Kosher salt
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced (1-1.5 cups)
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons Pimentón De La Vera – Smoked Spanish Paprika
- Black pepper
- 2 cups watercress
- 3 Tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water; season with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drainand return to pot to dry out.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, mustard and smoked paprika in a bowl and whisk to combine. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the potatoes while they are still warm; toss to coat.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add onion; season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble, combine watercress, potatoes and onions; season with salt. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette to taste, and sprinkle with chives.