Southeast Asian Inspired Baked Branzino
Chef Trent Blodgett
- 1 whole Branzino, about 1 lb
3 Tbsp of Long-tail Sunset Thai Blend
- .25 cup of neutral oil
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemongrass stalk, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 5 green onions
- .5 bunch of cilantro
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- .25 cup of water
- 2–3 Persian cucumbers
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- .25 cup of roasted cashews
- 2 Tbsp of Herb “Nuoc Cham” (above)
HERB "NUAC CHAM"
FOR THE BRANZINO
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix oil, spice, and salt together.
- Score branzino diagonally 3 slices per side for even cooking.
- Stuff branzino with lime, shallot, and lemongrass.
- Cover the fish in the spice and oil mixture.
- Roast for 10–15 min or until fish is beginning to flake off the bone.
- In a food processor, combine ingredients for the Herb “Nuoc Cham,” and blend until pureed.
- Toss a 2 Tbsp of Herb “Nuoc Cham” with tomatoes, cucumber, and cashews for an easy side salad.