Spicy Spinach with Sake and Bacon
Serving Size: 3-4
- 8 oz Bacon, chopped into ½” pieces
- 1/2 cup Water
- 12 oz raw Spinach, washed and stems removed
- 1/4 cup Sake
- 1 red onion, diced into
- 1- 2 tsp of Kissed by Binchotan Japanese Chile Blend
- Salt as needed
- Add chopped bacon and cold water to cold saute pan; turn the heat on high. As the water evaporates, the fat will render and it will fry in its own fat.
- When crispy, remove from pan to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp of bacon fat and saute onion in this fat over medium heat until caramelized; approximately 8–10 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Kissed by Binchotan, stir to combine, and then add sake. Increase heat to high and reduce the sake for 3–5 minutes until almost evaporated but still wet.
- Add spinach, turn off heat and cover for 2 minutes.
- Add bacon and salt if needed.
- Taste and if you want it spicier, spicier add one more teaspoon of Kissed by Binchotan.