The Best Pumpkin Bread
What makes this the best pumpkin bread?
The texture – this is super important as no one wants to eat a dry loaf of anything. That gooey moist texture is key in fantastic pumpkin bread. This recipe has just the right amount of pumpkin puree to achieve this. The extra chocolate chips offer an even more creamy texture in the loaf.The spice – the spices using to elevate the flavors of the pumpkin are key. Nutmeg and cinnamon are my go-to in this case. Spice Tribe has some of the best quality that I have ever tasted. I knew right away when I smelled the spice opening the jar that their spices were so fragrant and fresh. Quality is important you guys! They carry a single-origin spice line which tells you right on the packaging where the spice is sourced from. You truly do taste the difference.No mess – this recipe only requires one bowl which equals less mess and much fewer dishes. This is a win in my book any day!
- 2 eggs
- .5 cup Coconut oil (or vegetable oil) melted
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 8 oz Pumpkin Puree (I use Libby Brand)
- 1-.75 cup All Purpose Flour
.5 tsp Spice Tribe Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Spice Tribe Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- .5 tsp Baking Soda
- .25 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch of salt
- .5 cup Pecans, chopped
- .33 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp Water
- First, beat together the eggs with the melted coconut oil, sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth. You can do this with the paddle attachment of the kitchenaid or with a bowl and rubber spatula.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and mix together very well.
- Add in the dry ingredients such as the baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir together very well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pecans for additional flavor and texture. Mix together very well. Add the water at this point to slightly thin out the batter and mix well.
- Place the batter in a parchment lined loaf pan and bake at 350F for 1 hour. Insert a toothpick in the center to make sure it is baked throughout. Then allow to cool to room temperature before slicing and enjoying!