This recipe highlights the incredible versatility of our Long-Tail Sunset Thai Spice Blend, as there’s only a little bit of our Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt added for flavor. It’s a ‘one man show’ spice and it shines. Without measurements, this dish allows you to use your appetite and intuitive tastebuds to create the flavor of your choosing.
Your options on which vegetables to use are endless, as the Long-Tail Sunset Blend goes great with everything! Onions, squash, mushrooms – so good with whatever you choose. Top with some nuts and fresh herbs to finish them off and enjoy!
Serving Size: 4
- 16 ea button mushroom, crimini or baby portobello
- 2 ea zucchini, cut into ½ inch thick wheels
- 2 ea red bell pepper
- 2 ea yellow onion
- Spice Tribe Long-Tail Sunset Thai Blend
- Spice Tribe Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt
- Olive Oil
- Cut the vegetables into same size chunks so they cook evenly, also cut them thick enough so they do not fall off the skewer. Tender vegetables like zucchini or summer squash can be cut thicker since they take less time to cook and curving chunks of sliced onions over the rounded top of mushrooms not only melds flavor, but maximizes skewer space. chicken meat into 1 ½ inch cubes, make sure to trim/cut off excess fat or cartilage if still attached.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water overnight or at least for 30 minutes before assembling the skewers. Skewer the vegetables evenly divided between the skewers, we recommend using 8, because the vegetables shrink as they cook, pack them together tightly. Once the skewers are ready, drizzle them with olive oil and season deliberately to your taste with Long-Tail Sunset Thai Blend and Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt. Set aside.
- Place the skewers on the hot grill and cook for approximately 10 minutes, turning during cooking, until cooked through.
- Serve hot.