Chef Trent Blodgett
Cauliflower “couscous” is a low carb alternative to wheat based couscous and pairs perfectly with Spice Tribe’s Moroccan Chicken Tagine.
- Heat pan over medium high; add oil when hot.
- Add Marrakesh Sitar Moroccan Cooking Base and cook for 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in cauliflower and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in pine nuts, currants, parsley, lemon zest and juice.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with Moroccan Chicken Tagine.
- Cauliflower is a versatile alternative to high carbohydrate rice and couscous (made from wheat)
- To toast pine nuts, place on cookie sheet in a 325F oven for about 5-7 minutes. Watch closely as they have a high oil content and will burn easily
- To “rice” cauliflower, wash and remove the stems from the cauliflower. Cut into smaller 1-2″ florets and pulse in a blender or food processor until it breaks down into rice sized grains