Lazy Girl’s Ground Beef Puff Pastry
This recipe is my take on ground beef puff pastry inspired by shepherds pie. I hope you enjoy this recipe in collaboration with @spicetribe
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion fine diced
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3/4 tbsp Spice Tribe California love spice blend
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup Cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or egg
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Thaw the puff pastry so they are ready to use at room temp.
- In a skillet heat 1 tbsp oil, to this add the onion and garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and stir to break the meat, season with salt, Worcestershire sauce and Spice Tribe California Love Seasoning Blend.
- Add the frozen carrots and peas and cook until the water released from the meat dries out. Turn off the heat!
- Cool the filling for around 30 minutes.
- Dust some dry flour on work surface and lay down one large puff pastry sheet, roll it out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Divide the filling in 15 parts and distribute it on the sheet.
- Top the filling with cheese.
- Dust the work surface with more dry flour and roll out the other puff pastry sheet to 1/2 inch thickness as well.
- Cover the filled sheet with the second sheet and press the sides.
- Use a pizza cutter and cut the puff pastry, with the help of a fork press the sides to seal the filling inside.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F
- Brush the puff pastry with heavy cream or egg, sprinkle some more spice tribe seasoning and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffy.
- Remove from the oven and serve with some ketchup.