Spiced Seabass with Freekeh Tabouli
Serving Size: 2-3
- 1-2 lb of flaky white fish fillet, Seabass
SINGLE ORIGIN SPICE BLEND
- 1 tsp Wild Black Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Oasis Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Pimentón De La Vera – Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 1 tsp Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup cooked freekeh
- 1 delicata squash, sliced in half moons and roasted
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- .2 cup chopped mint leaves
- .33 cup sliced scallions
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp Wild Cured Sumac
- Salt to taste
- Late Harvest Black Peppercorns
- Remove the fish from the refrigerator and season lightly with salt, leave at room temperature while you prepare spice mix.
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds over medium/high heat until fragrant and slightly darker but pay attention as they burn quickly if left unattended.
- Let cumin and coriander cool slightly and add them to a spice grinder and grind until a coarse powder.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the spice mix together to make a wet paste.
- Preheat oven to 425F while you prepare tabouli.
- Mix all of the ingredients for tabouli together and test seasoning adjusting to your preference.
- Brush or spoon the spice paste over each fillet of fish, only a light coating is needed.
- Roast on a sheet tray for 5-10 minutes depending on the size of the fillet. The fish is cooked when it just begins to flake or has reached about 130F-135F
- Serve fish over the tabouli and drizzle with olive oil, enjoy.