Chef Trent Blodgett
This base is perfect for folding into cooked rice or adding a Moroccan flair to any stew, soup or dip.
- Heat oil to medium for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and turn heat to medium-low and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger; sauté for 20 minutes until ingredients reach a deep caramel color.
- Add Marrakesh Sitar Spice blend and sauté for 5 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Use immediately, or cool and store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week; or, freeze for future use.
- Sauté the onions for 10 minutes before adding the other aromatics.
- Use this base for a tagine or any other Moroccan flavored stew or braise, throw a spoonful in sautéed veggies, a base for sauces or fold into any grain or pilaf.