This base is perfect for folding into cooked rice or adding a Moroccan flair to any stew, soup or dip.
Serving Size: 1
- 2.5 cups white onion, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp fresh garlic, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp ginger, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp Marrakesh Sitar Spice Blend
- .5 cup of olive oil
- Heat oil to medium for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and turn heat to medium-low and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger; sauté for 20 minutes until ingredients reach a deep caramel color.
- Add Marrakesh Sitar Spice blend and sauté for 5 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Use immediately, or cool and store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week; or, freeze for future use.