Thai Chicken and Vegetable Peanut Curry Video
Chef Trent Blodgett
- 2 chicken breast, cubed
- .5 cup of white onion, diced
- 1 bunch green onion cut into 1-inch sticks
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
1 Tbsp [Long-tail Sunset]
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1.12 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of blanched spinach (optional) raw spinach also works
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat pan to medium-high and add oil to coat.
- Sear chicken breast, it doesn’t need to be cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan to a clean plate.
- Add onions and cook until translucent about 5 minutes. Cover the pot to create steam which will help clean the bottom of the pot.
- Add green onions and cook 2 min before adding garlic and ginger.
- Add bell pepper and cook 3 minutes until softened and looking caramelized.
- Add Long- tail Sunset and cook 1- 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken stock, rice vinegar and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil and add peanut butter.
- Cook until peanut butter is fully melted in liquid and add coconut milk.
- Add chicken back to the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 more minutes on low heat.
- Add spinach and season with fish sauce and lime juice.
- Cover the top and let sit for a few minutes to cool and let the flavors meld. Taste again to see if it needs adjustment. Spice Tribe Collected stories, recipes and more from the Spice Tribe team Follow